Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Humiliated...upset

Yesterday I found myself going in several directions at once. I offered to do the dogs for DH as he was running late (or so we thought). As I was preparing to leave for the morning's work I turned on the stove to warm up the bacon grease that goes over the dog food. I sat in the living surfing for a bit and completely forgot the grease.
Wow...I didn't notice until the kitchen was completely filled with smoke and ran to see what was burning! I put the frying pan outside and opened all the kitchen and bedroom windows. Then I decided to open the living room windows. At that pint the smoke alarm went off. It is wired in and I could not shut it off even with the electricity off. The smoke was getting to my poor asthmatic lungs and the sound was hurting my pride (someone would hear and know how foolish I'd been). I finally got it off and left the house for 3 hours . When I got back the smoke had cleared and except for being very shook up I was okay.
This morning I am remembering His words, "I have loved you with an everlasting love." Its not conditional on my always being on top of things. Praise God.

No comments: