Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dog walk

I decided to take the "girls" for a walk, more for me to get myself moving than for them. I was very breezy until we got to the woods. Down the hill we went into "our" forest. There was still patches of snow on the ground where the sun hadn't reached and in other places there was a lot of water. I dream/ fantasize about building down there but know perhaps at my age this is too far fetched. There is no way to get electricity there and it is far from the road, all down hill. But every time I go there I think the same thing. "Wouldn't it be nice to have a small cottage here, with a few goats, some chickens and a kitchen garden. " Ah, Dreams.

My DD waited it out...I am so glad. She is in love (but denying it) and her fellow is a doctor. He had three intense weeks of duty and asked her to give him some space. She was sure he was trying to "dump" her and impatient to bug him about his intentions. Both her father and I encouraged her to be patient. He was a good guy and very cautious and serious. She merited a lot of thought on his part. Last night he was up for air from his intense schedule and they spent the time together. Patience is what it takes, for sure.

I know I need to be patient. Mostly with myself and my expectations of myself. God is NOT asjing me to be concerned about all the things I find myself concerned with. He is in charge.

No comments: