Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chickens can swim

My dog, Zoe, decided to run free after the dog walk and had herself a hen chase. One of them jumped right into the back pond and swam to the middle. I was impressed. I had no idea chickens could swim. After corralling Zoe I went back to the pond. The hen stayed put in the pond. However the extreme circumstances and apparently the cold water did her in and she died. I feel so sad. She was so brave and able to do something no one's heard of (swim) and yet she couldn't mount one last effort to get out of the pond to safety. And of course she would have none of my help either.

I often feel like that hen, able to do unheard of things, only to fail to do the last thing that would put me when I needed to be. "I will lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help comes from the Lord."

No comments: